Thursday, July 17, 2014

SWEET THINGS


I should start out with an apology for the time between posts! Our three oldest grandchildren came for a visit. They live two states away and when they are here I do very little except spend time with them! One of our favorite things to do is cook in the Easy Bake Oven and play restaurant. I've found free online and developed several really good (not clean/paleo, but considering trying to develop those}recipes that I would be happy to share if you comment below that you're interested. I've considered making an ebook to sell for Kindle but I'm still undecided or maybe lazy!

Just a sampling of our treats


 The chocolate frosting is usually much creamier but we made it too soon then tried to thin it out. As you can see, we over thinned. The cake is not strawberry, just made with red sugar. The one below is chocolate with butter cream icing

And no I didn't eat any of them BUT the night that we ordered pizza "for them" I just couldn't resist! Even though I had cooked chicken for us. I'm weak!

We are still getting back on track and craving things that we know are unhealthy for us, so yesterday I made us a sweet treat. It's sweeter than we usually enjoy but very tasty and with the sweetness we were satisfied after only eating two. The recipe is in three different steps but was really easy to make. it's a clean version of a Twix bar. Looks yummy right!


Here is the link to this recipe: http://eatwelltravelfar.weebly.com/sweets--treats-blog/twix-bites

We found a nest of baby birds a while back and have watched them grow and fly away. Here's a few pictures just for your enjoyment!


Matthew 6:25-27 (NIV)

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?




 Mama bird watching over her babies as they venture out



No comments:

Post a Comment